Staying safe if you’re not sure life’s worth living
This has been written by a group of people to support anyone in distress and feeling suicidal. We are a mixture of professionals supporting suicidal people, people who have got through tough times and people who have supported their own friends and family.
Why we hope you read this
- Because you know things are not going well or if someone asked if you were OK as they were worried about you.
- You matter to those of us who wrote this.
- Life can be tough and we want you to know how you can get through despite feeling like this.
- You may have found yourself wishing that you were dead, or perhaps thinking that the people who you care about would be better off without you.
- At times many people feel like they are not sure if they want to live or die and with support they can choose to live.
- It will feel hard for you at the moment but it won’t always feel this way.
- You too can find a way past how you feel now.
- We hope you can manage to keep yourself safe. We would like you to think about how you may be able to do this, just until you can talk to someone about what is going on for you.